Saving Seeds From A Pumpkin To Plant In The Garden

I've never tried planting pumpkins before, and usually on Halloween all the seeds that come out of our store bought pumpkins get roasted and eaten. However this Halloween as I was carving our pumpkins, the wheels in my head were turning: I thought maybe I'd try saving some seeds to grow next year!

Apparently it's pretty simple - you rinse them off, pat them dry, and then let them cure (i.e. dry thoroughly?) for about a month, before you store them in an envelope.

Sounds good!






Plant Avenue Home

4 comments:

  1. These look delicious to me and I would want to snack on them! I hope to grow some of those "white pumpkins" some day. By the way, you have been hammered with the Honest Scrap Award. See my blog post "Egads! ..." for details. Please note that you are not obligated to participate and if you hate this sort of thing, I am truly sorry, but I do enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I'll check out your post...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently discovered how delicious homemade pumpkin and squash seeds are. Now I am trying to save the seeds to grow more for next year, thanks for sharing how, as I was a little doubtful of the method.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome!! I'm curious to see how it works out myself - I've never really saved seeds before this year. I've never planted pumpkins either, for that matter, so the 2010 planting season will include some new things for me. Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete